Systems Application Engineer (Remote)
Posted Date: Apr 17, 2020
The Systems Application Engineer will partner with the Sales Team in a technical role to support the management of multiple accounts and facilitate the sales of products and solutions. This position is a discipline at Axiom Connectivity focused on MSO (Cable)/Telco Service Provider and Data Center space.
* THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION *
- Ensure effective coordination and support between account teams for pre/post-sale technical resources.
- Develop and maintain trusted professional relationships with customer technical leadership and engineers involved with planning and implementing initiatives, projects, deployments, etc.
- Provide technical enablement to all customers, including product and solution training, roadmap updates, hands-on training, and developing/providing product demonstrations.
- Communicate highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Take ownership of high priority or sensitive customer issues, ensuring a prompt, satisfactory resolution to the issue by using a systematic approach and assembling appropriate technical resources.
- Understand and influence customer requirements and translate them into company solutions.
- Proofs-of-Concept (PoC), failure analysis and test plans overview, preparation during the appropriate sales stage.
- Compile detailed Optical Product Evaluation (OPE) to provide product qualification to internal organizations and external customers.
- Product demos, Bill-of-Materials (BoM), solution proposal and RFI/RFP support.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products, services and industry trends.
- Required travel - minimum of 50% regional and international travel. Some short notice, overnight, weekend travel due to customer need.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- 7+ years of relevant experience with large-scale service provider network operations, design and/or complex enterprise and evolution with a topical understanding of private/public/hybrid IT business models.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge (hands-on preferred) and deep understanding of data networking infrastructures, architectures, concepts and associated technologies: Route/Switch L2/L3, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, Routing Protocols (BGP/ISIS/OSPF, etc.), MPLS, LDP, L2/L3 VPN, Multicast, ACL, FW.
- Working knowledge of DWDM/CWDM optical transport systems, switches, routers, modules, platforms in major network equipment such as Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Ciena, Nokia/ALU, etc.
- Experience in DOCSIS CMTS, Edge QAM, Outside Plant/ HFC understanding, large venue Wi-Fi deployment, IP video, SDN/NFV is a plus.
WHY JOIN US?
Serving resellers, VARs and their end users for nearly 25 years, Axiom is the fastest growing memory, storage, and fiber-optic connectivity upgrade provider in the corporate, SMB, and government markets supporting our customers with top-notch personal service. The Axiom Team is passionate about our products and our customers, constantly thriving to expand!
In addition to a competitive starting salary, we offer a comprehensive slate of benefits to include medical, dental & voluntary life insurances, a 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time, and more.
Don’t wait! Submit your resume today!