Optical Transceiver Coding Engineer (Austin, TX)
Posted Date: Jan 07, 2019
The role of Optical Transceiver Coding Engineer is your opportunity to develop and execute compatible codes for transceivers and associated networking products. You will combine your experience and knowledge to hit the ground running!
As Optical Transceiver Coding Engineer, your key responsibilities include:
- Establishing credible relationships with customer’s upper level technical contacts.
- Managing projects requiring resources from different departments and/or external vendors.
- Providing technical training through activities such as trade show demonstrations, customer product trials, product beta trials, and customer presentations.
- Utilizing technical expertise on overall Telco and cable TV system and network architectures.
- Staying current on industry and competitive developments as related to product portfolio.
- Maintaining strong working relationships.
- Occasionally coding products.
To be a good fit for this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering and/or significant direct experience with optical transceivers.
- Product related training (i.e.: HFC design - RF and Optical, Data Routing, Telephony, Video).
- An understanding of optical transceivers, the qualifications process for transceivers, and their importance in overall network.
- An understanding of HFC architectures and design principles, high-speed data technology, TCP/IP, CMTS, VoIP, and Digital Video distribution
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- The capability to build and work well in a team and resolve conflicts effectively.
- The ability to be self-directed and motivated.
Why Join Us?
Serving resellers, VARs and their end users for nearly 20 years, Axiom is the fastest growing memory, storage, and fiber-optic connectivity upgrade provider in the corporate, SMB, and government markets supporting our customers with top-notch personal service. The Sales Team is passionate about our products and our customers, constantly thriving to expand!
In addition to a competitive starting salary, we offer a comprehensive slate of benefits to include medical, dental & voluntary life insurances, a 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time, and more.
Don’t wait! Submit your resume today!